Terms and Conditions
- Definitions and scope of application
- The Stay for Rewards account
- The Services
- Force majeure
- Termination Stay for Rewards account and Program
- The Program, the Website & intellectual property
- Other arrangements
- Applicable law and forum
1. Definitions and scope of application
1.1 The following definitions shall be used in these terms and conditions:
- Stay for Rewards: the private company with limited liability under the laws of the Netherlands: Hotel Cookie B.V., trading under the name: “Stay for Rewards”, with its registered office in Amsterdam, the Netherlands;’
- The Hotel: the hotels operated by: Accommodation that is registered as hotel in the local business.
- The Services: the Services that are provided by Stay for Rewards through the Stay for Rewards loyalty program;
- the Program: the Stay for Rewards loyalty program, which program is created to enable its members to benefit from several advantages at the Hotel or at Partners;
- the Member or Members: the person that accepts the Services of Stay for Rewards by signing in for the Program;
- the Website: the website of Stay for Rewards: stayforrewards.com;
- the Partner: the third party company that offers Stay for Rewards points to Members or accepts hotel reservations with Stay for Rewards reward points redemption;
- SE-points: Self Earning Points that are generated by the Members own spending;
- Honor Points: Points that are awarded by Stay for Rewards in appreciation to its Members;
- Eligible Expenses: accommodation expenses for personal use in the Hotel by a Member, and paid by a Member, expenses concerning accommodation-related services at the Hotel taken and paid by the Member, all other expenses made by the Member in possible other participating organizations than the Hotel.
Terms and conditions of Members are never applicable on the Program or related services hereto.
2. The Stay for Rewards account
2.1 The Member creates a Stay for Rewards account by registering him/herself on the Website or at the service desk at the Hotel. The membership is free of costs and each Member can only use one (1) account.
2.2 By creating a Stay for Rewards account the Member accepts the applicability of these terms and conditions.
2.3 The Member is obliged to enter only valid, accurate and true information into his/her Stay for Rewards account.
2.5 The Member declares by creating a Stay for Rewards account that he/she is legally competent and/or allowed to create a Stay for Rewards account. Member (under 18 years old) cannot participate in the program.
2.6 An email account is essential for the membership of the Program. Two Members cannot have the same email account. Invalid or wrong email addresses will be counted as lost account.
2.7 After creating a Stay for Rewards account the Member receives an email with access to his/her Stay for Rewards membership and nominative card. The nominative card is strictly personal; it cannot be sold, lent, transferred to third parties. Each card shows the member name, individual membership number and the membership level.
2.8 After creating a Stay for Rewards account Stay for Rewards is obliged to send the Members newsletters and other information regarding the Stay for Rewards account. The Member can unsubscribe itself for newsletters by sending an email to:[email protected]
2.9 The Member is responsible for maintaining the secrecy of his/her account information, including username, password and nominative card number. In the event of misuse or suspected misuse of his/her account, the Member must immediately notify Stay for Rewards. The member is responsible for all activity on his/her account.
2.10 The Member is not entitled to permit any third party to use and benefit from the Services and/or the Program.
2.11 The Member is not entitled to transfer his/her rights under the Program to a third party. The Member is not entitled to perform any actions that would interfere with the proper working of the Services and the Program.
3. The Services
3.1 After creating a Stay for Rewards Account, the Member can log in at the Website and can benefit from all the services of the Program.
3.2 Within the Program the Member can earn SE Points by paying for services/a stay at the Hotel and active Members can be awarded with Honor Points, at the sole discretion of Stay for Rewards.
3.3 The Program offers 4 memberships according to the number of Stay for Rewards points accumulated by Members:
- Classic: 0 – 2.499 SE Points
- Silver: 2.500- 9.999 SE Points
- Gold: 10.000- 24.999 SE Points
- Platinum: 25.000 SE Points
The membership status will only change to an upper level and will never expire or demote.
3.4 SE Points can be earned on the following basis:
3.5 Hotel reservations / bookings only made through the direct channel are eligible in earning Stay for Rewards points. The direct channel includes; reservation through
- official website of participating hotel,
- walk-in reservation at the service desk of the hotel.
- -website of Stay for Rewards stayforrewards.com
A member must use the direct channel to be eligible to earn points. Hotel reservations made through any other channel or medium than above mentioned channels are not eligible to earn points.
3.6 The following expenses are not eligible for earning SE Points:
- Extras or advantages (even if they are paid for at the Hotel as part of the non-eligible stay);
- Taxes (VAT and others), tips, taxi fares, transfers to or from the Hotel, service costs/service charge, and any other applicable costs.
3.7 Stay for Rewards will send a periodic Stay for Rewards point balance to its Member. If a Member is not properly credited for Stay for Rewards SE points within 14 days of an eligible Stay for Rewards transaction, the Member has to claim an adjustment within 180 days of the transaction by sending an email to:[email protected] The email must include an attached copy of the participating hotel bill in question. Stay for Rewards will judge the claim within 14 days after receiving an email, at its sole discretion.
3.8 The SE or Honor Points can be used by the Member to benefit from advantages of the Hotel or of Partners through the Program.
3.9 Stay for Rewards is never liable for losses as a result of the use of the Services, excluding losses that are a result of gross negligence of Stay for Rewards.
3.10 Stay for Rewards is never liable for losses as a result of earning or spending Stay for Rewards points at the Hotel or at the Partner and the use of services of a Hotel or a Partner.
3.11 The SE or Honor Points cannot be transferred to third parties.
3.12 The SE or Honor Points have no monetary value, are not redeemable for cash and no money will be paid by Stay for Rewards for lost or unused Stay for Rewards points.
3.13 SE points and Honor points are never expired.
3.14 Only a full number of points can be credited. If the points conversion rate applied results in adecimal number of points, the number of Stay for Rewards points credited will be the whole number immediately below if the decimal is less than 5, and the whole number immediately above if the decimal is equal to or higher than 5.
3.15 The Member cannot use advantages and point from other loyalty programs together with the use of SE or Honor Points.
3.16 If a Partner withdraws its partnership, it is no longer possible for Members to benefit from the services of the Partner or to use reward points at this Partner.
3.17 Stay for Rewards is never liable for claims as a result of outages or unavailability of the server. Stay for Rewards has the objective for hundred percent (100%) server up-time, but cannot guarantee this.
3.18 Stay for Rewards reserves the right to perform maintenance or changes to the Program, the Services and/or Website. This may result in periods during which the Program, the Services and/or Website may be temporarily unavailable. Stay for Rewards will announce such interruptions in advance, if possible. Stay for Rewards is never liable for claims as a result of unavailability of the Program, the Services or the Website.
3.19 Stay for Rewards is committed to the high standard of data security and precision. However, Stay for Rewards is never liable for any loss or damages that a Member may incur as a result of malfunctions, errors, security breaches or any other reason.
4. Force majeure
Stay for Rewards is never liable for losses or damages resulting from suspension of/ defects in the Program or Services as a result of extraordinary events or circumstances beyond the control of Stay for Rewards (a “force majeure event”).
5. Termination Stay for Rewards account and Program
5.1 Stay for Rewards can end the Stay for Rewards account at any moment in compliance of a notice period of one week. The Member can end his/her Stay for Rewards account immediately by signing out at the Website (‘submit withdraw membership form’).
5.3 After termination of the Stay for Rewards account, the Stay for Rewards points will be forfeited. Stay for Rewards is never liable for claims as a result of deleting all the data of the Member after termination of the Stay for Rewards Account.
5.4 Stay for Rewards has the right to take every necessary legal action if the Member has misused/abused the Program and/or has conducted fraud.
5.5 Stay for Rewards may end the Program (or any part of it) upon ninety (90) days prior notice to the Members. Member cannot earn or redeem points after the termination of the Program. Points remaining in the Stay for Rewards account of a Member will be forfeited. Stay for Rewards will never be liable for (possible) losses (forfeiting points) as a result of ending the Program.
6. The Program, the Website & intellectual property
6.1 The content on the Website and in the Program, including, without limitation, the text, software, scripts, graphics, photographs, sounds, videos, articles and the trademarks, service marks and logo’s contain therein are owned by or licensed by Stay for Rewards, subject to intellectual property rights, unless otherwise explicitly indicated by Stay for Rewards.
6.2 The Program, content in the Program or on the Website may not be used, copied, reproduced, distributed, transmitted, broadcasted, displayed, sold, licensed or otherwise exploited for any other purposes whatsoever without the prior written consent of the respective owners.
7. Other arrangements
8. Applicable law and forum
8.1 The laws of the Netherlands are applicable if any disputes arise concerning the (use of the) Program.
8.2 All disputes arising from the use of the Program and/or from other agreements for the execution thereof, shall be judged by the competent authorised court having jurisdiction in the district or sub district where Stay for Rewards has its registered office, with the explicit exclusion of every other court.
Membership is free
It’s free! As a member you get rewarded with valuable points.
Earn points with all your bookings through our website and “make your next stay a free stay”.
Enjoy Member Rates
Because you book directly with us there are no extra fees, you are sure to get the lowest price and best rate guarantee.
Can’t find the answer you’re looking for? Reach out to our customer support